Ranadene Tapio, MBA, CMRS, CMS
Senior Health Care Consultant
Ranadene (Randi) brings more than 20 years of experience in the health care field. She owned a successful medical billing office for 10 years, which focused on physician billing and handled over 20 different specialties. She enjoys the challenge of revenue cycle management and reimbursement and has been able to increase collections significantly in practices she has helped. Randi has been able to help reorganize practices’ processes; which has resulted in dramatically increasing their reimbursements and helping them achieve gold standard levels of performance.
Randi’s areas of technical expertise include:
- Review of business office processes, carrier compliance and guidelines, practice management systems, and revenue cycle analysis.
- Assessing billing/business offices for productivity, procedures, compliance, efficiency, and increased reimbursement.
- Management oversight for the turnaround situation, including staffing, teamwork, and operations including reorganization of front desk and/or business office personnel.
- Performing review of claims and claim denials for improved reimbursement.
- Performing review for compliance and Medicare/MA/Commercial Carrier compliance.
- Extensive background in various carrier protocols and guidelines.
- Dramatically improving Practice Management System productivity by reviewing the functionality of the current system.
- Set-up, project management and implementation of new practice management systems, including the scheduling, billing and document management processes. Migrating offices to a more paperless environment.
- Assessing physician practices for privacy and security and implementing HIPAA compliance plans.
Randi obtained her MBA in Health Care Management in 2012 and holds certifications as a Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist (CMRS) and a Certified Medical Coder (CMC). She is an active Health Information Technology (HIT) mentor, and has presented for the American Health Information Management (AHIMA) regional conference, the American Medical Billing Association National Conference, and as a keynote speaker at local Health Information Technology graduation ceremonies. She is a graduate of the St. Cloud Area Chamber of Commerce Leadership Program in 2008 and was actively involved in their Executive Dialogue groups for several years.
She has solid history of contributing of educational articles to the American Medical Billing Association (AMBA), Billing-Coding, PMImd, and several state specialty associations. She has several years experience planning day-long training sessions for member clients on a variety of topics ranging from HIPAA, red flag rules, workers comp billing, privacy and security, motor vehicle billing, payer panels, meaningful use, federal health care reform, best practices, ICD10 implementation, and more.
Randi has been consulting for practices since 2001.